For long time I was resisting the temptation of owning a tablet. Recently I quite resisting and I bought an ipad 2. It took me sometime to make that choice because I wanted to be 100% sure that I am purchasing the correct tablet according to my needs.
Before making my final choice I wrote down my needs along with devices that allowed me to do so:
- To be able to read books and articles
For this functionality I considered the Kindle Fire. It has a 7″ display 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors. It also has 8GB enough to store movies and books.
- To connect to the Internet and receive/send emails
Both Kindle Fire and Samsung Galaxy offer this
- To be able to connect remotely to work
VPN is a common feature for all tablets.
- To replace the need to carry all the times my notebook(laptop)
- To have big screen so I can watch videos
This feature puzzled me a lot. Ipad 2 is not supporting flash. I decided to follow down the HTML 5 path.
- To be able to connect with other devices – computers, projectors etc
- To have both 3G and wifi.
I want to be connected all time.
- To be able to take pictures or video.
This option erased Kindle Fire from my list.
Although almost all tablets meet my requirements, I choose iPad 2, mainly for its stability and ease of use.
I found only one annoying thing. It has a strange limit on 3G, you cannot download files greater than 20MB. I have no download limit from my carrier, so it is strange that the iPad has this limit. I hope Apple to remove this barrier in the near future.