Use these 5 ways to skyrocket your productivity. You will have amazing results.
- Use To-Do lists. A To-Do list is a list of tasks that we plan to accomplish at some point in the future. Having that said let’s see how to create a To-Do list. The first time you will create a list a million things will come to your mind. My advice is to write them all down. Do not let anything out of your list. You need to get them out of your brain into a piece of paper. As you doing this you will realize that some tasks are simple but other tasks are more complex and you will need to divide them to sub-tasks. Since you are going to reorganize and rearrange your list several times, I propose to you to use some software to write your list. You can use something simple like notepad or you can use something more advanced like Toodledo® or Microsoft Outlook®. I am using like Toodledo® with my iPad, with my smartphone, and with my PC but you can use whatever software you choose on your favorite platform.
- Use Checklists.Checklists are the best tool to capture experience while performing a process/Workflow. You want to train another person to perform a specific process or routine? Just give that person your checklist. Do you want to improve your process? Just update the checklist.
- Use the 20 Minutes to Success® method. This is a method I developed to improve my productivity. In a nutshell, split your hour to twenty minutes interval in order to schedule 3 tasks per hour. This method is far more efficient compared with the Pomodoro technique.
- Block distractions. It is OK to say no to a colleague asking you for help or simply wanting to chat with you. Avoid checking your email/ social media account (Facebook) every 5 minutes. Focus on the task at hand. Set your browser to block your access to the sites that distract you.
- Use Evernote. Evernote is a must have application to help you save and retrieve information lightning fast. I have a premium account and I can scan documents and business cards. No more loosing time searching for contacts or documents. I Tag them and I can retrieve them on my mobile, Ipad, desktop at no time.
- Bonus Tip. Do not multitask! Stay focused accomplishing a single task at a time.