Microsoft BizSparkis a global program designed to help accelerate the success of entrepreneurs and early stage startups. The requirements to join the program are:
- The core business of the company is software development
- Be privately held
- In business for less than 3 years
- Generate less than 1 million USD annually
The benefits are:
- Software: You get all the latest tools and software from Microsoft to help you and your team create software. You can run your software-as-a-service business on the following server platforms: Windows Server, SQL Server, Office SharePoint Server, Systems Center, and BizTalk Server
- Support:2 Technical support incidents per startup. MSDN premium access.
- Visibility:Great opportunity to create a profile and attract investors and clients in the online Startup directory, BizSparkDB, on the Microsoft Startup Zone Website.
As a conclusion, I believe that this Microsoft move is a great help for the startups. They have the tools and the opportunity to create new and innovative software solutions without the initial cost of an MSDN subscription. If you qualify get that opportunity.